Speaking truth with power.

Friday, August 29, 2008

Day 4 in Denver - Baracked Like a Hurricane

Barry Barack Obama took to the stage at Invesco Field last night and delivered another great speech. He gave prime time viewers a glimpse of what his Presidency would look like. He laid out his proposals for service, tuition, foreign policy, education and the economy. And he also took the opportunity to verbally pimp-smack that old queen, John McCain.




It was a great speech. But I for one, got absolutely crushed in my word usage pool, winning only one of the three pools I entered. Here's a sample of the breakdown:

The over/under for times Obama would use the word 'dream' was set at 5. I took the over. And Barry came in at 7. (This was the only one I won.)

The over/under for times Obama would use the word 'change' was set at 14. I took the over. But Barry only came with 10 uses.

And finally, the over/under for times Obama would use the word 'hope' was readjusted to 8. I took the over. And Barry uttered it once.

Once?

Really, Barry?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't read this blog, but if I did, I might let you know that you spelled hurricane wrong. You're welcome.

August 29, 2008 at 4:08 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home